Why I Love the Golden Globes

There is something special about the Golden Globe's, something that makes me cry pretty much every single year.  It's not just that I love TV or movies because I do, but it's not that simple.  Everyone loves to root for their man, the movie they loved this year or their favorite actor but it's more than that.


 These are people, people who although a little more glamorous, people at the core of it just like us with hopes and dreams and we are watching these dreams fulfilled. Growing up we all had or maybe if we're lucky enough still have dreams.  We all fantasized, fantasized about becoming an olympic gymnast, a professional baseball player, the next Barbara Walters, President of the United States you get the picture.  But these people whether it be hard work, luck or a combination of both are there. They're at the finish line so to say.  They are having what is likely the best night of their live's, all of their wishes are coming true,  often years and years of hard work, blood, sweat and tears are paying off and we get to watch.


I love the outfits, the glam, the pomp and circumstance, I do, but more than that I love seeing people succeed.  Call me a forever cheerleader if you must but life is full of trials and tribulations and actors and actresses are no exception.  This is their life's work, their passion.  Sometimes they lose out on what they may think were roles of a lifetime and other times they get what they think is the role of a lifetime but turns out to be a flop.  But on this night the stars are all aligned (no pun intended) and they get to bask in the glory of their dreams fulfilled.


As the winner is announced the cameras zoom in.  What will their expression be? Who will they hug or high five? I wait patiently to see what their speeches will entail.  Were they prepared? Did they expect it?  Who will they thank? Will they thank the long list of production staff and their fellow actors? Will they use the opportunity to speak out on for something they have heavy on their hearts to create awareness? Or will they simply just thank God and their families?


I'm not sure if it's just ME here but this doesn't get old.  There is something so beautiful about seeing fellow humans win.  They are someone's child, someone that was prayed for and supported and rooted for.  I don't know them but I know I love watching success in all of it's glory. 

Comments