There Is No Such Thing As Balance

If you're looking for balance mamas, you're probably not going to find it.  I know I sound like a downer and I KNOW this goes against the whole Supermom, we can do it ALL thing we have going on but the honest truth is..we can't.



We can't do it all, at least not all at ONCE.  We can, however, do everything in it's time.  If you have a little ones at home, life can be a little chaotic. Or maybe even a lot chaotic.  But one day before we know it they won't need us as much as they do now, at least not in the all consuming.... feed me, hug me, pick me up, rock me, bathe me, clean up after me way.

I have been searching and maybe you are too.  Searching high and low to find this so called balance, this mystical unicorn, never seen but always talked about.  I have yet to find anyone who claims to have found it, the balance in this crazy thing we call parenthood.  If you know someone who has, have her call me!

But right now the truth is, a full night of sleep, going to the bathroom alone and drinking hot coffee are privileges denied to many of us moms in this season of life.  Whether in or out of the home, we are working so very hard.  We have mile long to-do lists and the worry is constant.  Am I getting this right?

We are constantly trying to do all of the things. We are planning, prepping, setting all of the wheels in motion to keep our homes and family afloat.  The cooking, the laundry, the cleaning, the boo boos, the baths, the tuck-ins, the practices, our job is never done.

We follow, have seen, and know them all....the baking mama, the cooking mama, the CEO mama, the Pinterest DIY mama, the blogger mama, the homeschooling crunchy mama, the marathon running mom, you get the point.

So, what’s the secret? How do they do it all? And why can't I?

Well to be honest, they probably don't...do it all.

We all have our strengths.  They are just running with theirs.  Social media is the highlight reel NOT the behind the scenes.  We don't know everyone's story.  Maybe the working mom just cried because she missed her son’s first soccer game. Maybe the stay at home mom secretly longs to work outside of home and have conversations with an adult.  There is no perfect balance.  We are all doing our best.

Parenting has gotten almost dare I say harder with the influx of social media.  The opinions are plenty and the judgement is real. Mom shaming, it's kind of a thing now.  We scroll through the birthdays, the weddings, the good shots, the happy times but no one is seeing the 50 outtakes it took to get the beautiful family picture, the diaper blowout that happened on the way, or the long drawn out tantrum the toddler threw immediately before.

So mamas, if social media is making you feel insecure, stop scrolling and log out.  We need to spend more time looking inside our homes than out of those windows. You are the only one expecting you to do everything.  No one else.  Our little ones are only little, for a little.  They will not remember if you were caught up on laundry, if the house passed the white glove test, if all the guac was homemade and the birthday banner handcrafted.  They will remember the bedtime stories, the games of catch, the move nights, the after dinner walks and your presence.  They will remember love, the hugs, and most importantly the grace you show them and yourself.

So forget the balance and embrace the crazy, it will be gone before we know it.









Comments

  1. Oh My Gosh!!!!!!! Thank you so much for writing and sharing this with all of us!!!! It is so hard to not compare yourself to, like you said, the highlight reel but I know you're right, it's just that and we rarely if ever see the behind the scenes. It's so important to remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard!! I’m always reminding myself! We’re all doing our best ♥️

      Delete
  2. I'm not a mom but I've been hoping to find balance in my life beyweeb work, home, relationships, blogging, etc and it's really hard! This really helped to put it into perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This applies to all of us for sure! It’s hard but we need to remind ourselves that we’re doing a good job! ♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment