FAMILY OF 5..6? 7?

So this is kind of a personal topic for a lot of people but for me I'm pretty much an open book.   When I had my third child everyone was like "oh my gosh you're having three, wow" "wow, you're having a third"...lot's of "wows" ..Even the secretary at my doctors office!  When did three children become excessive? I really never thought about the amount of children I wanted to have ever I just figured I would know when the time came.  My husband and I never really discussed a number.  Now that I do have three kids, life is so busy! Busy may be an understatement.  It's a very happy busy but busy nonetheless.  It can be hectic having them all in different stages.  At times I feel spread super thin as well my husband.  We're two adults and we have three children, we are officially outnumbered. It's kind of just coordinated chaos around here most days. So now that Ava our youngest is almost 16 months I figure it's time to start getting rid of our baby stuff....but is it? I'm only 30-ish and now that I think of it many of my friends haven't gotten married yet let alone have had children so to close the door on any future babies feels a little strange I suppose. On the other hand, I do have three beautiful, healthy children (thank God) so would I be pushing my luck or sanity at this point? I don't really know. What I do know is that I am definitely happy content, full of love, feeling blessed right now but when I see a newborn I can't say that my uterus doesn't ache just little bit. I know this opinion isn't always a popular one but overall I really loved being pregnant. I could never complain too much about my pregnancies or my deliveries so I think that probably plays into my rose colored view on the whole thing. My kids are all so different, beautiful, wonderful and amazing in their own way I could not imagine not having any one of them. A friend of mine said "oh you'll just know when you're done, you'll totally know".  Although I probably am done for now I'll just wait for that definitive signal people speak of and hoard a few baby things...just in case!


Comments