OUR FAVORITE CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS

Christmas Lights-Growing up my father always drove around playing Christmas music checking out the Christmas lights in the area.  We would look forward to it every season.  We got so good we knew who had the best lights.  Now my husband does the same with our girls and it gives me all. the. feels.


Picking the Christmas Tree-In New Jersey it's like a right of Christmas passage.  With Christmas Tree farms all over you just have to get out there, bundle up and pick your own tree.  I mean what smells better than fresh spruce?


Baking-We bake a ton during fall and winter but my favorite baking is done in December.  We are mostly Italian so we do Snowballs, Anise Biscotti, Lemon Glazed Cookies and traditional Italian Christmas Cookies but always  include some sugar cookies to decorate for Santa and my little ones are always right there wrecking the kitchen, covered in flour just like I like it.

 I use family recipes but these are some good ones linked below!

https://www.marthastewart.com/1129621/italian-christmas-cookies-magnifico

Brunch with Santa-This is another thing my husband is all about!  Come to think of it he might be the most excited one in our house when it comes to all things Santa.  He always books us a great brunch and honestly it beats waiting in long line at the mall to spend two rushed minutes with Santa.  We stuff our faces and the kids can go talk to Santa when they are ready with no pressure.  Oh, and we take a ton if pics.


Advent Calendar- Once December 1st arrives the treats start. Growing up in my house my parents would buy us each a chocolate advent calendar at the supermarket to countdown to Christmas with. So simple but we were thrilled.  My kids are extra blessed and my mother in law makes them these beautiful homemade Christmas Advent Bells that we hang and she refills with chocolate annually.

& last but not least........the best thing to do during the holiday season is not allow the stress and busyness steal your joy, do what fills your cup!

xoxo Christina


Comments